A designated gymnastics hall is arranged for physiotherapy group exercises, which is lavishly equipped with fittings necessary for physiotherapeutic exercises.
Physiotherapists offer creative and professional therapeutic gymnastics by using balance pads, traditional dumb-bells and sticks, large and small exercise balls, Flexi-bar, TRX Suspension Trainers and Sling therapy.
Group remedial gymnastics (r/g):
- r/g for backbone and back;
- r/g for neck, shoulder girdle;
- r/g for lumbar and hip joints;
- r/g for sedentary workers;
- breathing exercises for pregnant ladies;
- Sling therapy.
Physiotherapy using Smovey RINGS
Physiotherapy activities using Smovey rings, which at the same time combine therapy, fitness and preventive healthcare.
ARS Rehabilitācijas centrs – at Brīvības iela 39, Rīga offers physiotherapy exercises by using vibrating rings Smovey, which help improve the joint health, restore movement range and reduce excess weight and stress.
Please make an appointment in advance over the phone +371 27 827 224, +371 676 99 369
Exercises for pregnant ladies
Waiting for the baby is one of the most beautiful and emotional phases in the life of a woman. However, during pregnancy as a result of physiological changes, the woman’s body causes also a lot of discomfort moments:
- dyspnoea, fatigue;
- shortness of breath;
- pains in arms, leg muscles.
During pregnancy in the woman’s body consumption of oxygen increases, of which the largest portion is consumed by the mother’s body.
To ensure sufficient quantity of oxygen for the foetal development it is very important to learn to breathe correctly, since the breathing exercises are no less important than physical activities during pregnancy.
The objective of these exercises is to stabilize:
- pulse frequency;
- blood pressure;
- normalise metabolism;
- relieve muscle pains;
- improve blood circulation.
Learning to breathe correctly enables the body to cope with these discomfort sensations, as well as increases the capacity to understand own body and learn to gain additional energy and also relax.
Exercises are conducted by a certified midwife with rich experience in obstetrics – Sandra NEILANDE.
Physiotherapy for infants and children
During the first year of life a baby experiences a giant leap in development and needs to learn so many new things – to hold the head up, capture things, roll over, crawl, sit, raising to feet, walk. Exercising is necessary for infants to help him or her learn to feel own body, balance muscle tone, prevent body asymmetry and learn a variety of movements.
- Bobot therapy is carried individually for infants from 3 months to 1 year old. In exercises the baby is actively involved, by learning his body and contacting the outside world. The exercises last for about 30 minutes, depending on the baby’s attention span.
- Handling training for parents together with the baby – teaches how to maintain and work with the baby correctly. This is the work of hands of the parents and touching their child as from the first days of life. Holding, lifting, calming and cradling the baby correctly can help the baby realize and arrange own body, ensuring in the long run symmetric and full-fledged development.
- Remedial gymnastics for children and teenagers.
Individual Bobot and Handling classes are hosted by a physiotherapist Elina SKALBERGA.
- Remedial gymnastics (LV)
Branch of Medical Centre ARS
ARS Rehabilitācijas centrs
Address – Brīvības iela 39, Rīga
Phone: +371 67 699 369 or +371 27 827 224