A team of the Emergency Medical Service of Medical Clinic “Medicīnas centrs ARS” (ARS EMS) consists of a doctor, doctor assistant and ambulance driver (who has completed special training course to be able to assist and provide prompt medical assistance).
ARS Emergency Medical Service Team:
- We perform general examination of patients (ECG, sugar level in blood etc.).
- We render treatment to patients at home (administer injections, intravenous infusions)
- Where necessary, issue sick leave certificates.
- Assign therapy and prescribe medication.
- Deliver patients to the hospital or to a relevant health-care centre.
- Transport patients under monitoring by a doctor assistant or by a team of acute therapy both in Latvia and abroad,
- Provide stand-by duty of qualified doctors in various events (concerts, sport games etc.).
- Our teams of emergency medical service serve various public and public events, sport games etc.
We do not serve calls, where there is alcoholic or narcotic intoxication.
When better to call the state emergency medical service?
Where help is extremely urgent, for example, in a case of a traffic accident, in a serious life – threatening situation, the state service can respond more rapidly. In the state there are many EMS crews located within a wide network and they can arrive almost instantly.
Important: Prices to LR residents and foreign guestsare the same.
These services are covered also by insurance policies (depending on the policy type).