At the ARS Medical Centre, experienced specialists – gynaecologists and midwives – take care of the reproductive health of our clients by providing gynaecological help and maternity care. All medical rooms are equipped with a state-of-the-art, high-definition Philips HD3 ultrasound system which ensures that the necessary diagnostic information can be obtained already during the visit. If an in-depth examination is required, we offer the best ultrasound specialists who work with a premium class Philips IU22 ultrasound machine.
Appointments at the gynaecological department of our clinic are for a fee and they are also covered by all insurance companies. Clients visiting the ARS Medical Centre and other medical institutions have access to the widest range of diagnostic and therapeutic options provided by high-level medical equipment.
The ARS Medical Centre participates in the cervical cancer screening programme. If you have received an invitation letter and would like to visit a doctor at our clinic, the visit itself will be for a fee but the cytologic examination will be free of charge. In this case, the invitation letter and the cervical cytologic screening card enclosed with the letter will serve as a referral for a state-funded cytologic examination, so make sure you take it with you!
Services offered by our gynaecologists and midwifes:
- Treatment of gynaecologic diseases (including endocrinologic diseases in gynaecology),
- Various tests,
- Pregnancy observation, kardiotocography (recording and assessment of the foetal heartbeat),
- Family planning and choice of contraception,
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility (in cooperation with the Reproductive Medicine Centre Embrions)
- Treatment of problems during menopause,
- Modern diagnostics,
- Medical procedures and manipulations,
- Gynaecological surgeries at the Day Hospital.
- Magnetic Resonance Imagery:
- Colposcopy – a diagnostic examination of changes in the uterine cervix, involving the use of the colposcope where pathology is identified visually in the uterine cervix which requires additional examination;
- Hysteroscopy – a diagnostic examination of uterine pathology by means of an endoscope used for diagnosing congenital uterine anomalies, uterine septa, uterine synechiae (adhesions), pathology of the intramural section of the Fallopian tubes, submucosal myomas, formations in the uterine cavity, and for endometry in the differential diagnostics of polyps (with or without biopsy);
- Aspirate from the uterine cavity;
- Biopsy sampling of the uterine cervix.
Manipulations and Medical Treatment Procedures
- Laser therapy: a method used in the treatment of the erosion of the uterine cervix and endometriosis, ablation of warts and benign formations in the skin and mucuous membrane, and in the treatment of vulvar leukoplakia. Use of this method significantly reduces the damage to the surrounding tissue and prevents formation of scar tissue, while wound healing takes place faster than when using other methods;
- Cryodestruction (using liquid nitrogen gas);
- Diatermocoagulation (using electro-coagulation equipment);
- Treatment of the uterine cervix using medications;
- Insertion and removal of the intrauterine device (IUD) (the price includes local anaesthesia of the uterine cervix);
- Vaccination against the human papillomavirus (HPV): 2 vaccines available (Vaccination Pricelist):
- Silgard, a quadrivalent vaccine for prevention against HPV (Type 6, 11, 16, 18), protects against infection by the virus, reducing the risk of cervical cancer. The vaccine is indicated for girls and women aged from 9 to 26. The vaccine series consists of 3 separate 0.5 ml doses administered at 0, 2, 6 months. A doctor’s referral is required for the vaccination.
- Cervarix, a vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer and precancerous changes, which contains an innovative AS04 adjutant system. Administration of 3 doses of Cervarix at 0, 1 and 6 months causes high immunogenicity in girls and women aged 10 to 55.
- A doctor’s referral is required for the vaccination. Referrals by doctors of the ARS Medical Centre or by doctors in other medical institutions will do.
- Ablation of the uterine cavity and uterine cervix sample;
- Removal of polyps in the uterine cavity or cervix;
- Electric cervical conization;
- Insertion and removal of an intrauterine device (IUD) under anaesthesia.
We invite both the regular women clients of the ARS Medical Centre Services and clients of other medical institutions to use the services available at our Day Hospital.
Medical Center ARS
Women Consulting Department
Skolas Street 5, Riga
Ph. +371 67201061 or +371 22010172
- Monday – Friday 8:00-20:00,
- Saturday 9:00-14:00