As part of the modernisation and development of our diagnostic opportunities Medical company ARS branch – ARS Diagnostic clinic (address: Jāņa Asara iela 3, Rīga) have installed the newest and most modern magnetic resonance imaging equipment in the Baltics – the PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T.
The PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T is the first fully digitalised Premium class MRI equipment with a magnetic field strength of 3 T (Teslas).
The specially manufactured Philips Ingenia 3,0T technology and software allows it to carry out high-quality diagnostics through:
- brain, head and neck soft tissue exams;
- spine and spinal cord exams;
- musculoskeletal exams:
- bone and joint exams (knee, shoulder, pelvis and other joints);
- muscle and other soft tissue exams;
- vascular exams:
- cardiovascular exams;
- head vascular exams;
- extremity vascular exams;
- breast exams;
- abdominal cavity and pelvic organ exams:
- gynaecological and perineal exams;
- colon exams;
- small intestine exams;
- prostate exams;
- full body exam*, which can be done as a screening method or used for metastases diagnostics;
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for children as young as 8.
The Philips Ingenia 3,0T MRI system is equipped with additional functions for oncological* and cardiological examinations.
*this is a screening method for the detection of abnormalities as early as possible, or to qualitatively evaluate an existing pathology. MRI examination is a special acquirement for oncological diagnosis as the full body scan helps to find early metastases.
Advantages of magnetic resonance imaging equipment PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T:
- the image quality obtained using the PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T is substantially more precise than other 3,0T MRI systems;
- it ensures very fast examination and high quality images;
- the acoustic noise level during the examination is reduced by more than 80%;
- particularly suitable for larger patients (up to 150 kg), ensured by an enlarged gantry aperture (70cm);
- in addition, the equipment is fitted with an Ambient Experience system – soothing music is played during the exam complemented by light display, allowing the patient to feel comfortable and relaxed. This feature not only reduces anxiety and claustrophobia, but also makes the examination feel shorter.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW!!!
MRI is one of the most precise and informative diagnostic methods. With the help of a magnetic field and radio waves it produces high quality whole-body and organ cross-sectional images in three planes in one sitting; without harming the body.
MRI should not be performed if a patient has a pacemaker, various metal implants (with the exception of titanium implants) or separate metal foreign bodies.
- Address: Jāņa Asara ielā 3, Rīga
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (3 tesla):
- registration for the survey: +371 672 01 088
- information about the results of the survey: +371 66 929 760
- When making an MRI appointment, please inform the registration staff if the patient’s body weight is in excess of 120 kg (260 lbs). This information is essential for planning the MRI exam schedule since longer MRI exam times are required for patients with body weight in excess of 120 kg.
- Bed-ridden patients and wheelchair-bound patients who are unable to get on and lie down on the patient exam table need the assistance of one or two attendants who will help the patient to get to the exam room, get on and lie down on the exam table, and to get off the table after the exam. Radiologists (mainly women) working at the ARS Medical Centre and ARS Diagnostic Clinic are physically unable to provide this service. Their duty is to do a thorough exam of the patient.