Ultrasonography (USG) is harmless and painless yet it is a very informative and quickly achievable imaging examination technique. It can be used to evaluate various organ and soft tissue structures. USG imaging uses high frequency sound waves – ultrasound. USG examinations pose no risk to pregnant women.
Medical Company ARS performs USG examinations using Premium class USG diagnostic equipment providing accurate and high-quality diagnostics.
We provide examinations on the following tissues/organs:
- organs in the upper abdomen (liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, spleen, pancreas);
- pelvic floor 2D and 3D transperineal, transvaginal USG;
- rectal exam – transrectal 3D USG;
- kidney and urinary tract;
- major salivary glands;
- connective tissue, muscle, tendons and joints;
- erectile dysfunction dopplerography.
We provide USG exams for children (Dr. Kreicšteine):
- hip joint exams;
- urinary tract and abdominal cavity organ exams.
For gynaecological patients and pregnant women we offer exams with our Premium class ultrasound equipment with 3/4 dimension programs:
- gynaecological ultrasound scan with an endocavitary probe;
- ultrasound scan of foetuses (including foetal biometry, in-depth screening USG, 4 dimension foetal USG).
Dopplerography exams with the newest generation ultrasound equipment:
- dopplerography of head and neck blood vessels;
- dopplerography of trunk and extremity arteries and veins;
- echocardiography with dopplerography (including echocardiography for children);
- foetal echocardiography and dopplerography.
Under ultrasound control we perform breast punctures for various cases of breast formations – to clarify the diagnosis and for therapeutic purposes.
All kinds of USG exams will become more purposeful if they will be referred by a specialist physician noting information about the problem in question. We remind you that insurers pay for USG exams only with a doctor’s referral.