A premium-class Philips Ingenia 1.5 T MRI system with a magnetic field strength of 1.5 T (tesla), the latest of the two MR systems available at ARS, has been put into operation at the Medical Clinic “Medicīnas centrs ARS” this year.
This MRI machine too has an increased gantry opening of 70 cm which allows reducing claustrophobic sensations in patients significantly and provides for a more comfortable MRI exam of corpulent and large-bodied persons weighing up to 150 kg.
Specially designed Philips Ingenia 1.5T technology and software enable performing high-precision MR diagnostics:
- Head and neck examination:
- brain, intracranial nerves, blood vessels, liquor dynamics;
- soft neck tissue;
- MR angiography (head arteries, cerebral venous angiography and blood vessels in the neck)
- vertebral and spinal cord examination (cervical, thoracic and lumbar parts and spinal cord);
- bone and joint system (major joints: shoulder, hip, knee joints), soft tissue examination;
- examination of abdominal and lesser pelvic organs:
- pancreas, gall bladder, bile ducts (MR cholangiography), liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, lymph nodes;
- gynaecology: uterus, ovaries*;
- pelvic lymph nodes.
* We recommend having a gynaecological, prostate, bladder and rectal exam performed using a premium-class PHILIPS Ingenia 3,0T MRI system available at the ARS Diagnostics Clinic, a branch of the Medical Clinic “Medicīnas centrs ARS”, which is situated at 3 Jāņa Asara Street in Riga.
MRI exam costs are covered by the National Health Service (NHS) subject to a referral by a medical specialist (neurologist, endocrinologist, neurosurgeon, ENT, urologist, gynecologist, surgeon etc.) under a contract with the NHS.
USEFUL INFORMATION: An MRI scan may not be performed on persons with cardiac pacemakers, various metal implants (except for titanium implants) or certain metallic foreign objects in their bodies.
- When making an MRI appointment, please inform the registration staff if the patient’s body weight is in excess of 120 kg (260 lbs). This information is essential for planning the MRI exam schedule since longer MRI exam times are required for patients with body weight in excess of 120 kg.
- Bed-ridden patients and wheelchair-bound patients who are unable to get on and lie down on the patient exam table need the assistance of one or two attendants who will help the patient to get to the exam room, get on and lie down on the exam table, and to get off the table after the exam. Radiologists (mainly women) working at the Medical Clinic “Medicīnas centrs ARS” and ARS Diagnostic Clinic are physically unable to provide this service. Their duty is to do a thorough exam of the patient.
MRI exams using a Philips Ingenia 1.5T system are available at:
ARS Medical Centre
Address: 5 Skolas Street, Riga
To make an appointment, please call (+371) 672 01 088.