The ultrasound method affords an opportunity to evaluate the condition of joints and of superficial soft tissues. Joint US examination is used:
- To evaluate the quantity of liquid in joints, joint capsules;
- In case of trauma of muscles and of soft tissues – to evaluate the muscle, tendon, ligament tears, hematoma (haemorrhage) in tissues;
- To evaluate joint and tendon inflammation;
- It is possible to evaluate partially the cartilage, meniscus condition;
- To evaluate superficial soft tissue growths (including, benign etc., growths).