Gastroenterology – gastrointestinal tract examinations
Gastroenterology ARS Diagnostic Clinic offers unique diagnostic opportunities, which allow detecting on time any changes in mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract and obtain samples for examination. This is essential in early detection and treatment of various digestive diseases and neoplasia.
ENDOSCOPIC EXAMINATIONS OF GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT:
MRE has become an alternative large intestine diagnostic method. This is a safe method, during examination X-ray radiation is not used, but a powerful magnetic field is used instead. Before examination the patient needs special preparation (1 – 1.5 hours before examination it is necessary to drink ~ 1.5 l of special liquid to ensure better evaluation of the large intestine). Examination provides large intestine high – resolution images – evaluates the intestine width, walls, surrounding tissues, adjacent lymph nodes. One of MRE key indications is inflammatory diseases of the large intestine (most often this is Crohn’s disease), to identify in which part of the gut the disease is localized and to identify the inflammation area or whether there are any changes in surrounding tissues, e.g., fistula, abscess.
In case of gastrointestinal diseases the magnetic resonance examinations are also applied, where:
- Large intestine diseases – if there is suspicion of inflammation – diverticulitis, paraproctitis, perianal fistula or abscess, if a malignant tumour in the rectum was diagnosed during colonoscopy. MR imaging is applied to identify prevalence of such changes, to evaluate surrounding lymph nodes to enable proper planning of the most appropriate treatment, as well as for therapy control.
- Gastric diseases – it is possible to diagnose benign or malignant tumours, if they are expressed sufficiently – it means that the human eye can distinguish normal tissues from altered tissues, but basically the examination is intended, if during gastroscopy a malignant tumour or gastric cancer is diagnosed, to identify the disease prevalence, evaluate surrounding lymph nodes, liver etc (MR imaging is not designed to diagnose gastritis, gastric inflammation or to exclude oncology).
- MAGNETIC-RESONANCE COLONOGRAPHY
- COMPUTER TOMOGRAPHY OF ORGANS OF ABDOMINAL CAVITY
- ULTRASOUND OF THE ABDOMINAL CAVITY ORGANS
ARS Diagnostic Clinic
Address: Jāņa Asara iela 3, Riga
Front desk ph.: +371 66 929 750