Arthroscopic surgery specialist
- Acute traumatology;
- Orthopaedic surgery;
- Arthroscopic surgery.
- Endoscopic surgery of the shoulder joint;
- Endoscopic surgery of the knee joint;
- Reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament;
- Reconstruction of the posterior cruciate ligament;
- Reconstruction of the knee joint, lateral collateral ligament;
- Surgical treatment of the Hallux valgus –Hallux rigidus deformities;
- Surgical treatment of fractures of various localisations, osteotomy of the radius, tibia.
After graduation from from the Riga Stradins University in 2005 he continued his training at the Hospital of Traumatology and Orthopaedics under the guidance of the leading Latvian specialists in the speciality of orthopaedic traumatologist until 2010.
He has improved his knowledge in traumatology and orthopaedics in clinics in Lithuania, Turkey, England and Slovenia.
He has been working as a orthopaedic traumatologist at the Cesis Clinic performing atrtroscopic surgeries of the shoulder, knee and foot since 2010.
Dr A. Skirmanis is a leading specialist in arthroscopic surgeries in the Vidzeme Region of Latvia, performing ca. 350-400 surgeries a year and specialising in the medical treatment of knee joint problems.
Membership in organisations:
- Latvian Association of Orthopaedic Traumatology;
- AO Alumni Association (International Society for Fracture Repair).
Consultations for patients are available in Latvian, Russian and English.