Gastroenterologists will help in cases of various gastrointestinal diseases, where there are problems with the oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, small or large intestine, pancreas or liver and biliary tract.
The most common gastroenterological diseases include gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), stomach and duodenal ulcer disease, chronic intestinal diseases, constipation of various origins, gallstones and biliary diseases, including functional indigestion.
Possible additional examinations
Gastroenterologist consultations include a detailed examination of the patient (lasting 30-45 min). If necessary, a patient is reffered to other examinations, which can be done at the ARS Medical Company Diagnotics department:
- Gastroscopy – upper endoscopy,
- Colonoscopy – lower endoscopy,
- Abdominal ultrasonography,
- Xray examinations – oesophagus and stomach examination, defecography,
- Helicobacter pylori diagnostics,
- CT examinations,
- MRI examinations.