In care for welfare of young mothers, the gynaecology or female health department of Medical Centre ARS as from 1st June offers a new service:
Midwife home visit
A midwife helps a young mother understand not just the progress of pregnancy and the childbirth process, but also provides support and sense of safety after childbirth, by helping to learn the proper breast feeding skills, teaches how to take care for the newborn and for the young mom herself during the postnatal period.
- Home visits are made by a midwife Jeļena LENDELE or Liene BALDE
- Midwife home visit can be called on working days from 9:00 to 17:00
- Visit lasts 45 minutes – 1 hour
- service fee
- To make an appointment call Medical Centre ARS dispatcher centre, phone (+ 371) 67-201-003
Midwife during home visit helps learn:
- How to grasp the breast correctly, breastfeeding technique, suckling rhythm, ending of breastfeeding time.
- Baby’s position during breastfeeding – practical tips.
- What diet should be chosen by mom during breastfeeding period, since normal stool of the baby depends on diet.
- To understand breastfeeding problems and find the most appropriate solution, in a case of flat/ inverted nipples, breast turgidity, insufficient milk, clogged milk ducts, mastitis etc.
- How better to draw milk (manually, with help of breast pump). How to store it and use correctly.
- Daily hygiene – face, eyes, ears, skin fold care.
- Umbilical cord care.
- Colic – what to do? Practical tips, choice of medications.
- What to do if your baby cries – practical tips.
Female intimate hygiene
- How to follow intimate hygiene after childbirth. Practical advices how to wash correctly, treat stitches.
- How to make pelvic floor muscle exercises (Kegel exercises). Practical advices.
- Correct breast care ABC.