Infants School Skoliņa Oliņa
Infant School invites moms with babies and toddlers between 4 months and 3 years old to interesting and developmental classes.
At Infants School Skoliņa Oliņa moms, dads, grannies and nannies learn how to develop correct posture of babies, to bring the muscle tone to norm with help of gymnastics and toys, how to facilitate emotional contacts, develop movement coordination, strengthen the respiratory system.
Here children gain early music experience, because music is the first art form, to which a human consciously reacts in infancy. Classes at Infants School Skoliņa Oliņa stimulate sensory functions, simply said – develop seeing, hearing, touching, tasting, smelling and also many other things necessary for the child’s full-fledged development, including language learning.
Age-appropriate classes for children are held in small groups.
|4 – 9 months||13:45 – 14:45|
|9 months – 1.2 y/o||15:00 – 16:00|
|1.2 -1.7 y/o||10:00 – 11:00|
|1.5 – 2.2 y/o||16:15 – 17:15|
|2 – 3 y/o||11:15 – 12:15|
Music and art classes for children
In these classes children learn singing skills, playing different musical instruments, develop sense of rhythm and hearing, learn to listen and move freely, also gain drawing and painting skills.
Duration of classes:
- For infants and toddlers between 4 months and 3 years old the classes last 1 hour, once a week.
Classes are hosted by:
|A music teacher, art therapist – Gunta LIEPIŅA||ph. – 29480848, e-mail email@example.com|
|An art teacher|
ARS Health Centre
Address – R. Blaumaņa iela 11/13, Riga
Ph.: (+371) 67 699 369 or (+371) 27 827 224
Classes of developmental groups (aged 4 months to 3 years old)
What are the developmental group classes or infants school?
Children attend these classes together with parents, grandparents or nannies to make infants feel safe, moreover, the child’s parents also learn songs, games, exercises, which can be repeated at home. The adults help the child operate with sound tools, learn to grasp them correctly and bang, the help and support of the parents in other moments is also indispensable.
Some children try in the beginning to be ‘watchers’ in classes, however, at home – after classes they wish to repeat everything they were taught. One of the advantages is also the fact that parents see what the kid can do, the child’s musical growth and the progress of the kid’s general development. Young parents before and after classes meet and in discussions resolve various worrying issues on the child care and upbringing. Moms share experience, become friends. As experience shows also young fathers are the most active participants in the infants’ classes – this is very encouraging. It is desirable to arrive at classes on time to enable the kid to play a bit and contact other kids, but their parents – to get acquainted and talk. During an hour activities change – singing, dancing and toys are followed by ‘band’ game, finger toys and chanting, sound tales, followed by ‘artistic moments’, and activities using various sport tool – balls, ‘tunnels’, balance bowl, slides, ‘active’ paths etc.
What is the objective of joint classes?
To facilitate the child’s sensory (seeing, hearing, touching, smelling) and motor (movement) development, which, in turn, is necessary for the full-fledged development of psychic functions (attention, perception, thinking) and language learning.
How to achieve the objective?
- We will facilitate the baby’s correct posture;
- Bring the muscle tone to norm (muscle relaxation or strengthening) with the help of exercises in the form of a game (‘clock’, ‘plane’, ‘rooster’);
- Stimulate emotional contacts, including voice responses (drawing the child’s attention by voice, smile, singing sounds, vivid toys, rhythmic movements and language games etc. means);
- Develop and strengthen the child’s movement coordination with the help of normal movements;
- Strengthen the respiratory system (by increasing with the help of exercises in the form of a game the inhaled and exhaled air volume, by voicing breathing-out, making breathing rhythmical – ‘wheels’, belly plays, ‘rooster’, ‘wings’, ‘let’s hug’);
- Ensure early musical experience of kids, since music is the first form of arts, to which children consciously react from early infant age, this is like a link between the child’s physical and mental development, since thereby both hemispheres of the brain are being engaged in the learning process. (Babies react more to music when moms cradle them in hands.)
- Stimulate sensory functions:
- development of visual perception (sight fixation, eye-motor coordination development, development of visual attention span – watching toys, mother),
- development hearing perception (stimulation of sound localization capacity in a room by using sounding toys, facilitating perception of different ones of adult’s voice),
- development visual – motor coordination (development of grasping function, by releasing the hand and wrist joints with the help of massage and exercises, rhythmic toys, drawing the child’s active attention to your hands by using rhythmic toys),
- fine motor improvement (‘cooking, cooking porridge’, ‘let’s count fingers’) and development sense of touch, by using toys of different size, shape, texture, temperature etc. – tactile stimulation facilitates activity of the speech centre.